Build error on the Connector App

I’m trying to build the open source Connector App and I’m getting this error.

T-MBP:ConnectMe thomasecospend$ pod repo add evernym git@github.com:evernym/sdk.git
Cloning spec repo `evernym` from `git@github.com:evernym/sdk.git`
[!] /usr/bin/git clone git@github.com:evernym/sdk.git evernym

Cloning into 'evernym'...
Warning: Permanently added the RSA host key for IP address '140.82.118.3' to the list of known hosts.
git@github.com: Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

The Evernym SDK repo has been archived :confused:

I’ve made the obvious fix and switched to HTTPS.

There’s a missing repo now :pensive:

Using react-native-image-resizer (1.0.0)
Installing vcx (0.0.58)

[!] Error installing vcx
[!] /usr/bin/curl -f -L -o /var/folders/g7/szcqrkm93hgbtqlx4dfl6tb40000gs/T/d20190815-5495-ohkp1o/file.zip https://repo.corp.evernym.com/filely/ios/vcx.libvcxall_20181026.0947_universal.zip --create-dirs --netrc-optional --retry 2

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 1 seconds. 2 retries left.
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0Warning: Transient problem: timeout Will retry in 2 seconds. 1 retries left.
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0curl: (6) Could not resolve host: repo.corp.evernym.com

error Command failed with exit code 1.

It’s great that you are interested in the Sovrin Connector App.

That app is a fork of an early version of Evernym’s Connect.Me, and was open sourced to encourage the development of mobile applications based on the Sovrin Network. However, it hasn’t received much attention and has not been kept up-to-date as the ecosystem has evolved.

Some important things to understand:

• Evernym/sdk.git is archived because it was contributed to Indy SDK as libvcx: https://github.com/hyperledger/indy-sdk/tree/master/vcx
  • The build process for the mobile artifacts (the cocoapod and aar files) is rather complicated. I don’t think anyone configured automated build pipelines in the Sovrin infrastructure.
  • The version of LibVCX used by the Sovrin Connector App either works against the Evernym Agency or the dummy cloud agent. The latest version of LibVCX makes it easier to work with any cloud agent, so with some effort the app could be updated to work with ACAPy
  • The way LibVCX implements connection and credential exchange was the foundation of the current Aries protocols, but LibVCX has not been updated to support all the changes that were proposed to the current standard. I don’t know how much work it would be to have LibVCX implement the interoperable standards.

If you decide to modernize the Connector App, I can probably have a member of my team provide additional details to assist your efforts.