Composing getting started fails

I’m trying to run the Getting started tutorial locally with docker-compose.

When I enter “docker-compose up” after a bunge of successful tests the ledger_demo_works"-test fails:

indy-client-rust-test_1  | running 11 tests
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test anoncreds_demo_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test crypto_demo_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test ledger_demo_works ... thread 'ledger_demo_works' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Timeout', libcore/result.rs:945:5
indy-client-rust-test_1  | note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
indy-client-rust-test_1  | FAILED
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::indy_home_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::pool_home_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::pool_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::test_pool_ip_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::tmp_file_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::tmp_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::wallet_home_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test utils::environment::tests::wallet_path_works ... ok
indy-client-rust-test_1  |
indy-client-rust-test_1  | failures:
indy-client-rust-test_1  | failures:
indy-client-rust-test_1  |     ledger_demo_works
indy-client-rust-test_1  | test result: FAILED. 10 passed; 1 failed; 0 ignored; 0 measured; 0 filtered out
indy-client-rust-test_1  | error: test failed, to rerun pass '--test demo'
libindy_indy-client-rust-test_1 exited with code 101

I havn’t actually rerun the test as I couldn’t figure out how to pass ‘–test demo’.

What can I do to make the “ledger_demo_works”-test pass?

Thanks a lot for your help!

I now have tried to run the docker-compose on both Windows and Mac and I always get the same test to fail.

Hey Andre!
Welcome to the Sovrin/Indy community.
Unfortunately, you are not the only one encountering issues with the docker-compose method for running the getting started guide. You can follow discussion about this issue (and others) in the #indy-sdk channel on the hyperledger Rocket.Chat (chat.hyperledger.org). Rocket.Chat may also prove to be a quicker method of getting help in the future, though you are not at all discouraged from seeking help here on the forums.

One of my coworkers and I are actively looking for solutions to this problem. I’ll let you know what we discover but, in the meantime, you may have more luck running the getting started guide directly (in the indy-sdk/samples/python directory). If you need more assistance, feel free to message me on Rocket.Chat or ask the community at large on #indy-sdk!

Good luck and hopefully we can fix this soon.

Thanks a lot for your response Daniel! :slight_smile: