How can the public network be used for app development? Are there any stewards providing access?
There are currently three public Sovrin Networks:
- Builder Net: for active development of your solution
- Staging Net: for proofs of concept, demos, and other non-production but stable use cases
- Main Net: for production use cases
Main Net is the only network with an expectation that the data will never be deleted.
Access to the networks can be done through any validator node. It does not require a relationship with a specific steward. The list of nodes for each network can be obtained from the genesis files that are stored here:
Like writing to the Main Net, you need permission to access the Builder Net or Staging Net. Permission can be granted by:
- Generating a payment address, and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for test tokens for writing the network fees.
- Generate a DID and verkey, and send it to email@example.com so that you can be granted the Endorser role.
- Pass your transactions to an existing Endorser for them to counter-sign and submit to the ledger.
Additional information on writing to Main Net is here:
Regarding the genesis files:
- builder_genesis is Builder Net
- sandbox_genesis is Staging Net
- live_genesis is Main Net