iOS Indy SDK image not found

Hello everyone,

I’m working on a project based on Hyperledger Indy. Actually I’m trying to import the indy framework into a new project on Xcode 11.0, following this guide: github/hyperledger/indy-sdk/blob/master/wrappers/ios/README.md

After creating the project and giving the “pod init” command, I complete the Podfile as follows:

source ‘https://github.com/hyperledger/indy-sdk.git
platform :ios, ‘10.0’

target ‘MyApp’ do
use_frameworks!

pod ‘libindy’
pod ‘libindy-objc’

target ‘MyAppTests’ do
inherit! :search_paths
# Pods for testing
end

end

If I start the “pod install” command I get the error:
[!] Error installing libindy-objc

[!] /usr/bin/curl -f -L -o /var/folders/b3/43l806nn6yl3zkq__zww_mbw0000gn/T/d20191007-1206-mqeur1/file.zip https://repo.sovrin.org/ios/libindy/stable/indy-objc/1.10.0/libindy-objc.zip --create-dirs --netrc-optional --retry 2

Actually from the repository I see that the last version available in stable is 1.8.2! Defining the version with pod ‘libindy-objc’, ~> '1.8.2 ’ I can install libindy without errors.

After I open the project with xCode, if I try to execute the code I get the following error:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/libswiftCore.dylib

Referenced from: /Users/Emanuele/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/3697BCDE-4AB5-4FCF-8470-2C30DBE0F662/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/1DF2590D-5B18-41AF-8C01-C1171690865C/MyApp.app/Frameworks/Indy.framework/Indy

Reason: image not found

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?
Thanks!

There are 2 artifacts for iOS: libindy library and ObjC wrapper.

ObjC wrapper of libindy in fact is smth like Tier 2 support now: CI pipeline check tests for every PR before merge, but there is no CD to publish the artifact automatically and there is no acceptance testing while release process as well. 1.8.2 is the latest stable version which was published manually. Probably 1.8.2 is not compatible with Xcode 11.0

@esplinr do we have plans to publish the latest version of iOS wrapper? I hope it should be compatible with the latest Xcode

We should include an update to the iOS wrapper in the next release, but our team isn’t set up to do any work to verify compatibility on different versions of XCode.

Long term, people should be looking at the Aries language frameworks instead of the Indy SDK.

When this was discussed in chat, Tomislav made this helpful suggestion:

This has been a lingering issue for a while. Your best bet right is to build Indy.Framework yourself, by manually replacing the libindy-objc pod files. This means you would have to cargo build libindy with iOS targets, which actually isn’t very complex.

Thanks for your answers.
Indicatively, when will the new version be available?

About the suggestion “Your best bet right is to build Indy.Framework yourself, by manually replacing the libindy-objc pod files” is there any draft guide to follow?
Unfortunately, I don’t have too much experience with iOS development.

Thanks!

We plan monthly releases, but we haven’t yet selected the day for the November release.

I defer to someone more knowledgeable than I to help with the build steps on OSX.